Marco Cimarosti’s Curriculum Vitae
Marco Cimarosti, programmer/analyst,
born on September 17, 1963 in Sesto San Giovanni (Milan, Italy),
married, father of one child.
Education and courses
- 1983: diploma di maturità (high-school degree) from Istituto Statale
d’Arte, Monza, Italy (60/60 mark: full marks)
- 1985: certificate in computer graphics from Eidos, Milan, Italy
- 1987: certificate in Chinese language from IsMEO (now IsIAO), Milan, Italy
- 1997: Microsoft course: Database Design in SQL Server at Mondadori Informatica, Segrate, Italy
- 1997: Microsoft course: WIN32 Programming at Mondadori Informatica, Segrate, Italy
- 2005: IBM course: Advanced DB2 UDB SQL at IBM Learning Services, Milan, Italy
- 2005: Microsoft course: Introduction to .NET Development at Mondadori Informatica, Segrate, Italy
- C/C++ (Visual C++, GPP, DJ GPP): excellent
- C#: excellent
- Visual Basic (VB6, .Net): excellent
- SQL (SQL Server, DB2, MySql, Oracle): excellent
- XML: fair
- Java (+ICU): fair
- Pascal: basic
- Prolog (TurboProlog): basic
- Lisp (MuLisp, Autocad): basic
- MS-DOS: excellent
- MS Windows (16, 32): excellent
- Unix (Xenix, Linux): good
- OS/2: basic
Special IT Skills
- Retail automation
- Internationalization (i18n), localization (i10n)
- Italian: native
- English: fluent (13 months spent in England in 1977/78; 5 months in 1998)
- French: acceptable (middle school)
- German: basic (private course)
- Chinese (putonghua): basic (course at IsMEO, Milan)
- Arabic: basic (private courses)
- Member of the
- Attended 16th Unicode Conference, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2000
- Authored and lectured a Unicode tutorial (Scripta Manent) at:
ICL Italia, Agrate Brianza, Italy, 2000;
Politecnico, Milan, Italy, 2000;
Uhuru, Rome, 2000;
University of Bologna, Italy, 2002;
S3, Vimercate, Italy, 2003,
PSS, Bucharest, Romania, 2003
- Authored Dodici anni di Unicode [Twelve years of Unicode], in “Progetto grafico”,
volume 1, July 2003, pages 84-97
Dodici anni di Unicode,
[Twelve years of Unicode], in “Progetto grafico”,volume 1, July 2003, pages 84-97
Non legitur - Giro del mondo in trentatré scritture,
[Can’t read that - A journey in the world’s thirty-three writing systems]
Stampa Alternativa & Graffiti, Rome, Italy, 2005
Free-lance graphic designer at various publishers and advertising agencies in Italy.
Programmer at Animazioni Elettroniche, Milan, Italy.
Software development in C language, on DOS platforms, for computer animation and computer graphics systems.
Programmer/analyst at SGS Informatica, Bergamo, Italy
Software development in C language, on Windows and Xenix platforms, for document imaging and storage systems
and Odis (on behalf of Olivetti); customer training; localization.
Programmer/analyst at PSI - Post Software International,
Agrate Brianza, Italy (later ICL Italia, now
Software development in C language, on DOS and OS/2 platforms, for several retail automation systems:
FTS, KAP (on behalf of IBM Switzerland), Migros POS System
(on behalf of Migros, Switzerland) and TotalStore;
later, software design and development in Visual Basic, C++ and SQL, on
Windows-32 platforms with SQL Server rdb, for
a retail automation system.
S3 - Store System Solutions,
Vimercate, Italy (part of the
Software design and development in C language, Visual Basic, SQL and Java, on DOS,
Linux, Windows-32 platforms with DB2 or Oracle rdb’s, for
a retail automation system;
designed and implemented the support for Unicode in VisualStore;
designed and implemented the support for TrueType/OpenType fonts
in VisualStore POS front-end (platforms: DOS, Linux, Windows-32).
RES - Reti e Sistemi Informatici,
Software design and development in Visual Basic and SQL on Windows
with SQL Server rdb for the insurance software of
Milan, Italy (part of the
Sanpaolo IMI group);
software development for MaxMeyer
(part of the PPG group).
MP System Integrator,
Cinisello Balsamo, Italy.
Software design and development in C# and VB.Net on Windows for
automatic software re-ingeneering and re-documentation systems at
Cogni.Case, Milan, Italy (now
part of the Progman group).
Agrate Brianza, Italy.
Software design and development in Visual Basic and SQL on Windows for
a retail automation system at
Agrate Brianza, Italy.
SDP, Turin, Italy.
Software design and development in Visual Basic (6.0 e .Net) and C# on Windows for
Milan, Italy, IT company owned by
CGIL, the main Italian trade union.