<-- Go to Home Page
PixelClean is a small but powerful utility for Windows and macOS that helps you to solve common problems those often suffer digicams: noise and dark spots.
Noise is typical for high ISO values (e.g. >= 400) and exposure, low light and high temperature. To remove it please follow the instructions:
Dark sposts are created by dust over the lens or the sensor and they are more evident especially for small apertures (e.g. >= F8). After you are taken your shots, to clean them please follow the instructions:
- power-on your digicam and leave it in the environment where has to operate for at least 20/30 minutes;
- cover the lens with a cap (better made by metal) and take a shot, this creates a pseudo black image that includes only the noise;
- with the same settings (format, resolution, quality, exposure, ISO and digital zoom) take your shots;
- download PixelClean for Windows here or for macOS here, run it and then load the images (jpeg or tiff) noise and that to clean and choose a name for the cleaned, select to remove noise and do it;
You could also choose a directory (by deleting in the form the file name and leaving only it) that includes more images to clean at the same time; the algorithm is very powerful and it coulds take a lot of minutes.
- power-on the digicam, go to manual settings and set the same of the image to clean, format, resolution, quality, exposure, ISO, digital zoom and aperture (helping with optical zoom) but set focus to infinity;
- with flash-on try to shot at 90 degrees and 10/20 cm a blank paper, this creates a white image that includes only the dark spots;
- run PixelClean and then load the images (24-bit jpeg or tiff) spots and that to clean and choose a name for the cleaned, select to clean spots and do it.
PixelClean works only 5 times, to get a software key for free please click here.
* 25-Mar-2017 (v1.3)
Added delete option;
* 17-Mar-2017 (v1.2)
Added compress option;
Available also for macOS;
* 23-Feb-2017 (v1.1)
Now is possible to remove noise and down-scale of 50%;
* 26-Jan-2017 (v1.0)
First stable release;
Copyright (c) 2017, Pasquale Frega
All rights reserved.