The Fast Manager Project
Developing a program for automatic
Version 0.8 for Dos and 0.7b for Linux !
cheking of contest logs
Latest news: I am working, although very slowly, to a Win32 version
of Fastman. When ready, I will release it on this page.
What follows is the past history of the program.
I have been contacted by some members of ARI section of Rome, to
develop a computer program for the automatic checking of contest logs.
The contest in which my program will be used will be mainly
Italian VHF/UHF ones, but I think that with a little more effort
it could be useful in most contests, even in HF and worldwide
(well, let me dream a little...).
Among the planned features, you can find:
By the way I have no idea of the features that will be really included
in the final product. Perhaps they will be less that those listed, but
perhaps also that I will include much more. All this depends also on
your feedbacks and suggestions (and criticism, always welcome).
- Versions for MS-DOS and Linux
- Import of data coming from most popular log programs
- Commands for listing, deleting, undeleting, packing etc. of the
- Command line program style, with output on stdout and stderr
- Automatic checking of all qso, lists with warning/error codes
- Reverse generation of logs not present in the database
- Manual input of those damn few-qso-all-papers-logs.
- Import from prn files, with on the fly format specification
At the moment I have completed version 0.8f for MS-DOS and
0.7 for Linux.
I have implemented log import for Fastlog 3.2 and 3.3, Geco, Taclog native, REG1TEST, I4XCC and VHFCT
All features supported in present version are documented in the
doc file on the distribution archive (dos) or in the man page (Linux).
If you have installed the Slackware distribution of Linux just do
installpkg fm-0.7b.tgz after unzipping the zip file, if any.
as root on your system.
E-mail me your ideas
Home page in English
Prima Pagina in Italiano
Vinicio Coletti, IK0WRB