The Italo Australian Business Council is the principal Italian organisation commited to promoting cooperation, understanding and enhanced relations between Italy and Australia.
THE OBJECTIVES of the Council are:
To provide a focal point to help, assist and promote the activities of Italians and of Italian business in Australia, and of Australians and Australian business in Italy by the provision of an organised structure equipped with advanced systems of communication and information with a wiew to providing a regular service of contacts and/or introduction to Australian/Italian counterparts and to further the growth of Australian/Italian trade and investment.
Membership gives you access to a network of information and people in Europe and Australia with interests in European business.
The COUNCIL works closely with ABIE (Australian Business in Europe) an international organisation founded in London in 1975 which provides the means for all interested in bilateral trade between Europe and Australia to establish contact with similarly dedicated colleagues.
PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES include:
( twelve issues a year) reporting on the Association's activities and on developments of interest to the membership.
- An active speakers' programme featuring prominent Australian and Italian political and business leaders.
- Roundtable discussion groups on business, finance and trade.
- The ABIE Newsletter
Promotion of Australian and Italian performing and visual arts.
Opportunities for members and guests to interact in business, cultural and social settings.
Membership is open to corporations and individuals who have business interests between Italy and Australia. For example:
To apply for membership, please contact our Secretariat in Milan.
- Australian Business with subsidiaries in Italy;
- Firms with an interest in exports and imports between Italy and Australia and Australia and Italy;
- Austalian and Italian government organisations interested in fostering trade;
- Professionals such as accountants, lawyers, architects and consultants providing specialist adviced on business with Italy or Australia.
The COUNCIL gives you the means to expand your European/Australian network.